Enjoy the Tranquility
of the Upper Kenai
Fishing on the Upper Kenai River
Let us take you away from the crowds and into some of the most productive trophy fishing waters in the state – all amid the Kenai’s dazzling mountain scenery. Alaska Rivers Company specializes in guided fishing on the upper Kenai River and has the special use permit for guiding thru the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge for the famous sockeye (red) and coho (silver) salmon, Dolly Varden, and trophy Rainbow Trout. Rainbows are carefully handled, photographed and released. We supply all the equipment and gear you need on your Kenai River fishing trip. Fly fishing is one of our favorite past times and enthusiasts of all levels are welcome. We also can cater to anyone who is interested in Spey casting because “you don’t know until you throw”. We also have no problem catering to good old spin fishing and welcome fishermen and women of all levels. We thoroughly enjoy taking kids fishing and specialize in teaching children the art of the cast and and the fun of the tug!
Our Fishing Trips
Our guide will get you into plenty of productive water as you drift fish with stops at key locations for bank fishing.
Rate: $175 per person
Savor this fishing paradise with a full day of Kenai River fishing. You’ll have more time in the best spots and get a chance to work the backwaters and gravel bars that make this river an angler’s dream. Plus, you’ll take home memories to last a lifetime.
Rate: $275 per person
Add the thrill of the Kenai Canyon to your full-day adventure. You’ll enjoy eight more miles of river that get less fishing pressure – and deliver more frequent wildlife sightings.
Rate: $300 per person
Be Sure to Call us for Information on Our Special Rates & Discounts!
All Fishing Trips Include
- Experienced and professional fishing guides
- Aluminum drift boats
- Flies, leaders, weights and necessary tackle
- Fly and Spin equipment provided
- Hip waders, rain gear and life vests.
- Return transportation to Alaska Rivers Company
- We understand that sometimes you want to use your own equipment and we have no problem with you bringing your own fishing gear, rain gear, and/or chest waders if you would like.
Fishing Trip Requirements & What You Should Bring
- Arrival – Please plan on arriving a half hour before your departure time. We are required by Alaska Department of Fish and Game and the Kenai Peninsula Wildlife Refuge to complete some minor paperwork that requires your fishing license information. We also need time to make introductions, gear up and briefly cover fishing and boating safety requirements.
- Fishing License – An Alaska fishing license valid for the day of the charter is required. Please purchase your fishing license in advance of your scheduled trip. Click here to buy your license online!
- Warm Clothes – We recommend that you dress in layers. Try to bring wool or polar fleece as cotton holds in water and becomes uncomfortable when wet. A hat, gloves and non-cotton socks are also recommended.
- Rain Gear – Rain gear will be provided, but your own may be more comfortable.
- Polarized Sunglasses – We recommend bringing polarized sunglasses, if you have them.
- Camera – Camera gear is encouraged and there is ample dry storage on the boat. You are responsible for your own equipment and we recommend that you keep it in a dry storage bag.
- Food – Please bring a hearty snack or lunch for your rafting or fishing adventure.